Terms & Privacy
At SUMEL FOUNDATION (India), we respect the privacy of the users of our website. This privacy and terms statement is intended to lay down the practices we follow for honouring the privacy preferences of the people visiting our website https:// sumelfoundation.org The document also elaborates on our information collection and sharing practices. Irrespective of the mode in which we receive your personal information (whether via this website or over the phone or through any other means), we make all earnest attempts to honour your privacy. This document contains the requisite information about our responsibilities, your rights, the information which is collected by us and how it is used.
BY ACCESSING AND/OR USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU agree to abide by the practices described in this Privacy and Terms Statement which may be changed from time to time
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect information from you to extend services like processing of your donations, providing receipts and tax exemption certificates, sending regular updates about the work we do for social and ecological justice and our engagements with the most marginalised and vulnerable communities, response to your queries and apprising you of the new opportunities to help deprived and marginalized communities of India in a better way. Depending on the type of communication or transaction, the personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to, your name, postal address, date of birth, PIN code, telephone numbers, mobile phone numbers, your organization’s name, email addresses, credit/debit card information, bank information or billing information.
WHERE AND WHEN WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We seek your personal information when you make a donation, request a communication from us, register for an on-ground event, pledge support to our work and campaigns and apply for working or volunteering with us. This information may be sought over the phone, through the website, via email or by the means of face-to-face interaction.
Sumel Foundation has in place the necessary security mechanisms and only designated employees have access to your personal information. All online transactions are done on a secure server. The information you provide on the donation transaction page is encrypted using SSL – Secure Sockets Layer (you will see a green padlock icon in the left-hand side of the address bar in your browser). At the same time, the website address in the address bar at the top of the browser screen starts with an “https” instead of an “http”. Donation pages are verified by the service provider providing us access to the payment gateway services and transactions are processed using the merchant service provider account.
I agree and consent to receive all communications at the mobile number provided, even if this mobile number is registered under DND/NCPR list under TRAI regulations. And for that purpose, I further authorise Sumel Foundation to share/disclose the information to any third-party service provider or any affiliates, group companies, their authorised agents or third-party service providers. Sumel Foundation or their third-party service provider or any affiliates will be making calls and sending SMS/Email through a third-party platform.
SUMEL FOUNDATION MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except in the limited circumstances elicited below, Sumel Foundation will never intentionally share your email addresses, phone numbers or financial information.
- Credit/Debit Card Transactions, Electronic Fund Transfers and Payments by Cheque:We avail the services of third parties to provide donation facilities by the means of cheque, credit/debit card payments or electronic fund transfers. While your information may be shared with these third parties, we make stringent efforts to require all third-party service-providers to hold personal information in strict confidence. However, since we do not have complete control over these third parties, we cannot guarantee your privacy.
- Necessity: If Sumel Foundation is convinced that there has been some inappropriate activity with or on our website/webpages, communications, charitable services or personal or real property or if we have reasons to believe that any using one of the Sumel Foundation website, our donors, employees, partners, vendors, etc. have been inflicted with any harm, we will disclose (we may or may not notify you) personal information as we deem appropriate.
- Required by Law:If any government or legal bodies require any information from us under the purview of a law or a legal compliance, we may go ahead and disclose the same.
- Merger, Acquisition or Other Corporate Restructure.We also may transfer your personal information to a third-party successor in interest if we are involved in an acquisition, merger or other transfer of control or sale of assets.
- Requesting Communication: We have on board certain vendors who execute several donor-related activities for us, aimed at both existing or potential donors. Activities include sending direct mails, emailers, greeting cards and making phone calls. We may share your information like phone numbers, email address, etc. with these agencies so that they can perform these activities on behalf of Sumel Foundation .
Google Analytics Advertiser Features
The Google Analytics features implemented are based on Display Advertising (e.g., Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting). Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. It may also be used for the purpose of running re-marketing adverts to you about our products and services. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and can also remove cookies from your browser. However, if you do, some features on our website may not function as a result. You can find out more information about cookies and how to remove cookies by visiting allaboutcookies.org or cookiecentral.com
CHANGES TO PRIVACY PRACTICES
As and when the need arises, Sumel Foundation may alter its privacy practices in accordance with the latest technology and trends. We strive to provide you with timely notice of these changes. You may reach out to us if you have any queries about any changes made to our practices.